1. We admit that we are powerless over our character flaw - that our lives have become unmanageable -- we like it that way.
2. We have come to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity -- but we don't care.
3. We have made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God or Society, as we understand Him/Her/Them -- if we trusted them more than we trusted our own judgement and responsibility.
4. We have made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves -- and have found nothing wrong.
5. We have admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being(?) the exact nature of our wrongs -- perfection.
6. We are entirely ready to have God remove all of these defects of character -- (assuming he put them there in the first place?)
7. We humbly [sic] ask Him to remove our shortcomings -- easy job, since there are few.
8. We have made a list of all persons we have harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all -- by getting out of their lives.
9. We will make direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others -- (see number 8)
10. We will continue to take personal inventory and when we are wrong promptly admit it -- however, other people will surely take on this responsiblity for us.
11. We have sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understand Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out -- daddy replacement?
12. Having had this spiritual awakening as a result of these Steps, we will carry this message to other Sociopaths, and to practice these principles in all our affairs. (see also sex addicts anonymous)