- They excel in any arena where aggressive behavior is rewarded and where grandiose levels of confidence can result in rousing applause.
- It is often difficult to argue that these people are indeed sick until the day they have to exchange their Armani suit for an orange jumpsuit.
- I only know one man who openly admits he's a psychopath. I called him to see what he thought of the numbers Ms. DeCovny reported. "First of all, it's not one out of 10," says Sam Antar. "It's probably eight out of 10." "The reality is, to succeed on Wall Street you've got to be a psychopath in one form or another," Mr. Antar says.
- Mr. Antar now teaches law-enforcement organizations how to spot psychos. He thinks of himself as a psychopath in remission, but he admits he could snap back at any time, much like a relapsing alcoholic.
- It may be part of the human condition to venerate psychos, mistaking their grandiosity for leadership.
- If you work on Wall Street, chances are good you are not a psychopath, but chances are also good you report to one.
Friday, March 16, 2012
1 in 10 Wallstreeters are psychopaths
Labels: wall street